Orc settlements rely heavily on raiding other races’ settlements for food, supplies, and slaves. Until they’ve chosen a profession or gotten married, young orcs are expected to devote their time to the raiding parties; many continue to do so, putting their trade or professional skills to use sustaining their community.
Relations: Most other races view orcs with distrust or hatred, due to their plundering. The orcs themselves, however, do not understand other races’ sentiments; orc raiding parties never take more than their victims can spare (in the orcs’ eyes), and orcs have been known to raid neighboring orc settlements when that settlement is doing particularly well (and its defenders are away). Orcs hold no ill will toward most other races, and respect familial responsibility above all else.
Alignment and Religion:
Adventurers: After seeing the world through the eyes of a looter, some orcs decide to make a life of seeing it through other eyes. Many of these orcs become mercenaries, in order to make a way of life from their violent ways, but a few seek to undo the damage their race has done to other races, becoming healers or defenders.
TraitsOrcs have the following traits:
- +2 to any one ability score. Orcs enjoy great versatility in their abilities.
- Medium: Orcs are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Orcs have a base land speed of 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Orcs can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Gunz: Orcs are the only race able to put skill points in Craft (gunsmithing).
- Intimidating: Orcs receive a +2 racial bonus on Intimidate skill checks due to their fearsome nature.
- Ka-Boom: Orcs receive a +2 racial bonus on Craft (alchemy) skill checks to create grenade-like weapons; Orcs are responsible for many recent alchemical advances, including the invention of gunpowder.
- Ferocity: Orcs remain conscious and continue fighting even if their hit point total is below 0. They are still staggered and lose 1 hit point each round. Orcs still die when their hit point total reaches a negative amount equal to their Constitution score.
- Weapon Familiarity: Orcs are proficient with pistols and rifles and treat any weapon with “orc” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Automatic Language: Orcish. Bonus Languages: xx, xx, xx, xx.